- Spearman is a AA school with district wide enrollment of approximately
- Daily attendance is over 98%
- Over 40% of seniors are enrolled in advanced placement courses. Nearly
three quarters of those taking an Advanced Placement test earn college
- 37% of the students are enrolled in one or more Honors courses.
- High School enrollment is 240.
- Elementary school enrollment is 380, 89% of which master grade level TAAS
(Texas Assessment of Academic Skills) evaluations.
- Junior High enrollment is 165.
- Computer labs with Internet access available for all grades.
- Advanced training programs available for students on all campuses.
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO, 10:1
DEGREES HELD BY FACULTY77% Bachelors23% Masters
GRADUATING SENIORS94% plan to attend college1995 seniors received more than
$58,000.00 in scholarship offers
TEST SCORESStudent test scores are routinely well above state and national
average, including the Texas Assessment of Academic Skills
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS EXAMINATION SCORE AVERAGES FOR 1990-1995
Spearman HS 21.5 Spearman HS 1033
State 20.0 State 879
TAAS TEST SCORES (1997)|
Spearman Junior High has received the following honors by the Texas
- UIL Competition 1994-1995 Recognized
- UIL Competition 1995-1996 Recognized
- UIL Competition 1996-1997 Exemplary
- UIL Academic Champs 1995-1996
- UIL Academic 2nd 1996-1997
Spearman High School was one of 39 of Texas' 1,518 high schools to be
awarded "Exemplary Status" by the Texas Education Agency for college entrance
Gus Birdwell Elementary has received a campus rating of "Recognized" by the
Texas Education Agency for every school year since 1994-1995. This rating is
based upon TAAS scores and attendance.
SPEARMAN SCHOOL CHAMPIONS:
- District Academic Meet champions the past three years, 32 regional
qualifiers, 6 state qualifiers.
- District sweepstakes winner for the past three years for the best overall
- Ten appearances by the Lynxette basketball team at the state basketball
tournament with three state championships.
- Outstanding 2-A Chorale that consistently earns regional and statewide
recognition for excellence.
- Appearances by the Lynx football team in post-district competition during
three of the past five years.
- Four consecutive playoff appearances by the Lynx Varsity basketball
- District champions in boys' and girls' tennis for the past eight
- District champions in boys' golf the past four years.
- District champions in girls' golf five of the last seven